Start of Year processing
The Start of Year processing phase requires you to enter and submit data in the Start of Year screen, and to complete the required forms.
You can download and use the Novopay Start of Year Instructions (PDF 809 KB) to guide you through the Start of Year tasks.
We encourage you to complete the Start of Year Self Paced Learning Module . This will help you with the Start of Year process.
The Start of Year screen is available from 14 December 2016. Complete your Start of year tasks as soon as possible and by 25 January 2017.
You must complete Start of Year processing for each employee before they start in 2017, or they will be paid late.
To avoid delays, complete as much of the Start of Year processing as you can, including submitting any forms, before you go on holiday.
Using the data recorded in your Start of Year Report, work through the following steps to complete processing:
- Open the Start of Year screen in Novopay Online.
- Enter and submit start and end dates for teacher term-time only auto paid employees and fixed-term teachers continuing to work in your school in 2017. See Start and end dates.
Note: To make changes to an employee's funding, allowances, hours, leave or LWOP, first submit their start and end dates in the Start of Year screen, as these changes depend on the job start and end dates entered.
- Update the funding and department codes for each employee who has a change in funding or department code. See Other Start of Year changes.
- Update hours worked for employees who are changing their working hours effective from the start of 2017. See Other Start of Year changes.
- Add, update or delete teaching allowances in the Start of Year screen, or complete a NOVO16t form, as required. See Allowances.
- Complete NOVO2nt forms to add, update or delete non-teaching allowances. See Allowances.
- Book LWOP for any employees taking LWOP from the start of 2017, or returning from LWOP in 2017 on a different day to what was booked. See Other Start of Year changes.
- Download the Pay Ending Report and check that you have taken any required action for the employees displaying on it. See Start of Year reports.
- Download and retain a final copy of the Start of Year Report for your records.
Making changes after submitting Start of Year data
If you need to make any changes to information after you have submitted the data, complete the appropriate NOVO forms.
To process new appointments, complete a NOVO1t form for teachers or NOVO1nt form for non-teachers.