Information for relievers
The resources on this page will help you to understand your payroll responsibilities as a reliever. If you have a question about your pay or leave balance, speak to the relevant school's principal or payroll administrator.
Your payroll responsibilities
As an employee, it is your responsibility to ensure that you:
- know your payroll responsibilities and how they align with other responsibilities
- keep informed and up to date on payroll matters
- provide accurate personal pay-related details to your employer(s)
- provide accurate and timely timesheet information to your employer(s)
- check that your information and payments made are correct, notify your employer of any errors, and assist in the resolution of those errors where required.
Payslips are emailed every fortnight. If an email address is not provided, the Novopay Service Centre posts a payslip only if the net pay changes.
Your email payslip is password protected - use your MoE number. If you can't remember your MoE number, you can find it on a previous payslip, or ask the payroll administrator at a school where you have recently worked. This is NOT the same as your teacher registration number.
Novopay requires a 7-digit MoE number. If your MoE number is only 5 or 6 digits, add zeros to the front, e.g. 12345 becomes 0012345, and 123456 becomes 0123456.
Note: The word 'Stopped' on your payslip indicates the last date for which you have been paid in the current pay period. Because your timesheets mostly cover the previous pay period, often only a couple of the days you worked are in the current pay period. Any dates paid in the current pay period but worked in a previous pay period will show as 'Arrears'.
Holiday pay is calculated as part of your daily rate and is therefore included in the gross daily figure. A message in the notes section of your payslip tells you how much of your pay is holiday pay.
Change personal details
To change your personal details in Novopay, ask a school for which you have recently worked to send the appropriate form to the Novopay Service Centre. This includes:
- Contact addresses or phone numbers
- Email address: This is the address that your payslip will be sent to.
- Bank account(s): There must be a main account, but you can request fixed amounts to be paid into other accounts. There is a 25c fee each pay period for each additional bank account.
Questions about your pay
If you have any questions about your pay, contact the payroll administrator at the school to which your question relates.
If you want to suggest other links for this page, please let us know using the Feedback form.