End of Year preparation
The End of Year preparation phase requires you to ensure that employee data is up to date in Novopay Online, to gather last day of duty, termination and leave information for your employees for the end of 2016, and to start completing the required forms.
To avoid delays with End of Year Processing and ensure you have all the information you need, it is strongly recommended that you begin preparation as soon as possible, so that you are ready when the End of Year screen opens in Novopay Online on 12 October 2016.
The following checklist outlines the tasks to prepare for End of Year Processing:
- Check that the principal and other authorised users can access Novopay Online. Request a password reset for any passwords that have expired.
- Confirm the school's 2016 and 2017 term start and end dates. If these are different from the Ministry's published dates, update the school's term dates in Novopay Online. See school term dates.
- Download the End of Year Report to view and record employee data for End of Year processing. See End of Year Report
- Determine last day of duty for term-time only auto-paid employees and fixed term teachers. See Last Day of Duty.
- Determine which employees are leaving your school at the end of 2016. See End of Year Terminations.
- Check leave details for 52-week non-teachers. If required, book annual leave for these employees.
- Continue to enter time sheets, leave and other personal employee updates as you would in any fortnightly pay cycle.
After completing these preparation tasks, you will be ready to enter information in the End of Year screen from 12 October 2016. See End of Year Processing.
It is recommended that you begin your preparation for Start of Year as soon as possible, so that you are ready when the Start of Year screen opens on 14 December 2016.