Summary of Ministry-approved allowances
A number of school-based allowances apply only to teachers and principals employed in those schools identified by the Ministry of Education as requiring additional support for recruitment and retention and other special entitlements.
See Allowances for guidance on managing allowances during Start of Year.
The following allowances apply to specific schools only, and must be approved by the Ministry of Education. The Ministry will provide details to the Novopay Service Centre.
- Priority Teacher Supply allowance
- Area School Priority Teacher Supply allowance
- High Priority Principals allowance
- Area School High Priority Principals allowance
- High Priority Teacher Supply allowance
- Isolation allowance
- Normal School allowance
- Staffing Incentive allowance
- All Chatham Island allowances
- Braille or New Zealand Sign Language allowance
- Special Residential School Principals allowance
- Special non-Residential School Principals allowance
Ministry-approved allowances for individuals
The following allowances may apply to specific individuals, and must be approved by the Ministry of Education. The Ministry will provide details to the Novopay Service Centre.
- All principals allowances (excluding those on the school-based list above and Principal Career Structure)
- Caretakers Housing allowance
- Protection allowances
- Specialist Classroom Teacher and Specialist Teacher allowances
- Relocation Grant
- Voluntary Bonding