Recover an overpayment

If you notice an overpayment in the final SUE report, you can stop the payment going into the employee's bank account before 10am on Tuesday (day 14). See Stop pay.

If the pay is not stopped in time, resulting in the employee being overpaid:

  1. Send a NOVO31 form outlining details of the overpayment to the Novopay Service Centre with OVERPAYMENT (name, MOE number) in the subject line.

  2. The Debt Management Unit will contact both the employee and the school about the recovery of the overpayment.

Related links

A-Z of payroll:


For overpaid employees: