Information for Novopay authorised users
The Novopay website will help you in your role as an employee who has delegated authority to perform payroll activities, including submitting payroll instructions in Novopay Online or through the Novopay Service Centre.
The payroll responsibilities for a school are to:
- be aware of the Payroll calendar and meet deadlines
- receive and process payroll instructions in a timely manner
- follow requirements for emailing instructions via form. See Sending forms.
- follow requirements for managing employees' leave. See Leave management.
- check payroll changes in a timely manner. See Cut-off times for pay instructions.
- advise the Novopay Service Centre immediately when errors are recognised. See Correct pay errors.
- advise individual employees if a pay error is identified
- check regularly for Novopay Alerts and News, and notify employees of anything that affects them
- maintain privacy of payroll information
- maintain records to meet audit and legislative requirements. See Payroll record keeping.
Authorised user roles in Novopay Online
Some payroll activities require authorised user access. The responsibilities of individual authorised users will vary between schools. Novopay Online has the following authorised user roles:
- The Principal role can view and administer all staff records except their own. All principals must be authorised users, to ensure that they can fulfil their delegated management accountabilities, and manage their administrators' pay. See Information for principals.
- The School-wide Administrator role can view and administer all staff records except their own, and those of the principal, external administrators and other school-wide administrators.
- Other Administrator roles can perform specific tasks only.
See Request access to Novopay Service for more information about authorised user access.
Resolve a payroll matter
If you cannot resolve a payroll matter using information on this website, see Contact us for the appropriate contact point.
If you are unable to resolve a payroll matter through the normal contact point, or you have a complaint about an outstanding payroll issue, you can email the Issue Resolution Centre.
Authorised users' payroll information
Payroll administrators cannot alter their own pay details. Their pay must be managed by another administrator with higher access rights or by the principal.
Novopay Online does not allow any users at a school to alter a principal's salary details. Changes to a principal's payroll details must be submitted via form, signed by the board of trustees as required.
Passwords for Novopay Online are like banking PIN numbers and should be treated in the same way. Do not allow anyone to know or use your password.
Authorised user email
Information sent from an authorised email address will be processed by the Novopay Service Centre as a valid payroll instruction. Do not allow anyone to access your email address.
For more information, see:
If you want to suggest other links for this page, please let us know using the Feedback form.