Year to Date YTD and Tax

Question Answer
Can we get total earnings/PAYE for an employee - and can we get them for specific periods? If the information is needed for an end of year tax return the employee should contact Inland Revenue. If the information is needed for a specific period, for WINZ or ACC for example, you need to contact the Novopay Service Centre.
What does 'Year to Date' on the payslip refer to - is it the tax year? Yes. It is the tax year.
Can we give employees a summary of earnings at the end of the financial year for tax purposes? YTD earnings information is on the employee's payslip. They can also contact Inland Revenue for further details.
Can we change tax codes? You can't do this in Novopay Online. You need to send a NOVO4 form to the Novopay Service Centre.