School Annual Accrual report
The School Annual Accrual report (SAAR) summarises salary and wage information from the SUE reports from 28 January to 27 January of the following year. This forms part of your school's annual financial statement.
The SAAR for the 2016 financial year is now available in Novopay Online.
It is recommended that you download and use the SAAR Reconciliation 2016 Instructions to guide you through the audit process.
The School Annual Accrual report is a core source document for the preparation of the school's annual financial statement. Schools check and certify the report to verify that the people named were employees of the board, and that the amounts paid to them are correct. This report shows:
- Total earnings for all staff from 28 January to 27 January. Prorated amounts are included for pay period 23 at either end of this reporting period (see below).
- Bulk Grant salaries, Teacher Salaries and Other salaries totals
- Estimated ACC accruals for inclusion in the school's annual accounts
- Annual earnings for the principal.
Prorated amounts for pp23
Because the beginning and end dates of the reporting period fall in the middle of a pay period, the data in the report has been prorated as follows:
- The beginning pay period (PP201623) covers 20 January to 2 February 2016, so an apportionment calculation has been made to include only the days from 28 January to 2 February 2016
- Amounts for pay period (PP201624 to PP201721) are included in full
- The ending pay period (PP201722) covers 18 January to 31 January 2017, so the daily rate has been calculated using amounts from the previous pay period (PP201721) to calcuate the relevant prorated salary from 18 January to 27 January 2017.
This report is available in a PDF format only. For information on this file format, see CSV and PDF file formats.
Back to top
Only school-wide administrators and principals can access this report.
This is an annual report. The SAAR for the 2016 financial year is now available in Novopay Online.
Download the report
- Download the School Annual Accrual report in Novopay Online using the following menu path:
My Reporting tab > School Reports > School Annual Accrual
- The School year field defaults to the current school year.
- Click PDF to download the report.
Back to top
This report must be kept for seven years. See Payroll record keeping.
Ministry of Education website:
Back to top